Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Okay, It's not Bourbon, but it was a delicious American Whiskey.



So last night I attended a small charity event at Beer Bistro here in Chicago. And while most everyone was drinking beer, I decided to buck the trend and try something new. So I ordered a Templeton Rye neat and a water back.

I definitely won't give up Bourbon for it, but it was a delicious experience and given the opportunity, I'll drink Templeton again! I added a couple of cubes of ice from the water and let them melt, then drank.

Orange-caramel in color, it had a fresh grain aroma and light soury rye taste with a nice peppery finish.

I'd definitely recommend Templeton Rye for someone who wants to try something a little different from the everyday. It's a great booze for a celebratory toast or just sipping with friends.


image by Geoff Lane (glane23). http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

No comments: