Monday, October 20, 2008

Why American Airlines Might Be Having Financial Troubles...

I caught an cheap flight (Thanks to Priceline and The Shat) home to Georgia over the weekend for a funeral. The flight attendants pulled out the drink cart and began asking what we'd like to drink.

"Jim Beam and Coke" is my reply as I pull cash from my pocket.

"I'm sorry?" as she turns her head so her ear to face me.

"Jim. Beam. And. Coke." I enunciate. After all it's pretty loud in this tube at 27,000 feet.

"I'm sorry we don't have that."

"Okay, how about Jack Daniel's and Coke?"

"Uh-uh. We have a Canadian Whiskey." She states hopefully.

I'm flabbergasted. AMERICAN Airlines doesn't stock either of the two American styles of whiskey? I understood that I probably would have to settle for Jack Daniels, since most airlines don't carry Jim Beam, but not to stock either is down right foolish.

I look at her and said, "Just give me the Coke."

No comments: